Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 74 x 2

I already wrote a post for today but still wanted to catch up on our life right now:

I can't explain the ways God is blessing me. It's like blessing after blessing after blessing. They may not be financial, but it's like God is saying that he can do wonders in all areas of your life and finances are just one part of it. Like I said, we usually only measure our wealth financially, but we can be wealthy in so many areas. I feel like every few days God says, "here you go, here's something else." Today I found out that the dad of one of Brody's friends is a tennis instructor. I have played tennis since I was five years old and it is a part of who I am. But I haven't played at all since I started having kids. I talk about it, but it never happens. So I was walking on a cloud today realizing that God placed someone that could help me play tennis again into my life. What are the chances? I keep meeting amazing people who are becoming influences in my life. I have amazing conversations with my friends. I find money or gift cards in the bottom of my purse. And, I feel like I am growing into myself more and more. If I could count up all those kind of blessings, I would be rich.

As far as our financial situation, I have literally given it all to God. I am trusting Him to take care of us. And somehow we are doing the best we can and the major things are getting paid. As soon as we think we don't have any more, we get a tax return to keep us afloat. I try to keep the worrying and stressing to a minimum because I told God I would trust Him. That's a lot of faith. Today Mark told me that there is a good chance that we will lose all of his side work income (not his fault), which would be crazy because that is most of what we barely have. But instead of crying or worrying I'm just going to trust that it is part of the circumstance and have faith that it will be okay. At the same time Mark has a first interview on Wednesday and with our new company he has closed a few deals so there is hope with our faith.

Life is certainly not perfect, it's not even easy, but it's still good. I may be tired and worn out but hope makes you float. And faith, well faith is what gets you through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment