Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 67 - I'm listening

When I sat down to write today's post....I was blank. I couldn't think of anything to write about. I knew I wanted something more upbeat and positive but nothing was coming to mind. I looked around at my desk and at the bible verses on my computer, but still no ideas. I felt empty of inspiration. I realized that I have not been studying the bible or having alone time with God lately. I have been so distracted and busy that I have been neglecting my prayers and my quiet time. Since I had nothing to write about I decided to catch up on the church service I missed on Sunday (I love that I can do that). Wouldn't you know that the whole service was about why you need to talk to God and what distracts you from talking to Him. I'm sorry but I had a good laugh because the timing was perfect. I hear you God and I'm listening.

It's funny that an entire section of the sermon was about eliminating your distractions. It said that if you are too distracted you can't hear God because you are pulled in so many directions. Is anyone else thinking about how God made it clear I needed to take a break from my work? Instead of having time to pray and gain inspiration, all I do is work at night. And I am always stressed out and exhausted. God is clearly taking away my distractions so I can have more quiet time (which in turn gives me more inspiration for this blog and allows me to pray more for others).

I am never amazed at the ways God gets my attention. If I had heard this service on Sunday it wouldn't have been the same. But right when I questioned my faithfulness, God answered and He answered clearly. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment