Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 68 - Life is hard

Life is hard, am I right? We are all blessed with different gifts and talents that make some things easier for us than others.... but life is still hard. Some people are blessed with financial wealth, or amazing relationships or their health... but life is still hard. There is no way to get around it and you can try and avoid it for as long as you can, but it will still catch up to you. So how do we get through it? We keep moving forward.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." -2 Timothy 1:7

Instead of being afraid or discouraged, we need to keep moving forward with power, love and self-discipline. We need to wade through all the hard stuff knowing that it all will be worth it. We do that by making good decisions, listening to God, loving the unlovable (which is sometimes ourselves) and having faith that it is all for our purpose.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. - Hebrews 12:1

No matter how hard life is there are still amazing, wonderful and beautiful rewards that God provides us. When we are at our lowest it is hard to see all of those things but they are there. We can enjoy a life of purpose, peace and power. We can be a blessing to others and we can be a blessing to God. There is so much potential in you, just don't give up.


(It's hard to explain, but this post was very weird to write. But I am confident it is intentionally written for someone out there. So to that person(s), you are not alone and God is speaking to you.)

1 comment:

  1. I think this was meant for me. I'm now finally getting to read this blog. I've read here and there last year, but I was too consumed with my situation....I need this now. I may not connect with everything when it comes to faith in God....but I'm trying. I'm hoping. XO

    ReplyDelete