Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 76 - Dreamer

(Each day this week I want to share some outlying notes I took at church and some little random tidbits that really spoke to me last weekend).

Have a realistic picture of the road ahead.

I am a dreamer by nature. The quote above was from sermon notes back in July, however I didn't write any outlier notes so I can't exactly remember the context of what they were teaching us. Either way, that sentence really hit home for me. It made me take a step back. I have been dreaming big in my head thinking that just around the corner is the rainbow and the silver lining. That right around the corner is my dream come true. After all, don't things have to get better and won't I have this happy ending because I am listening to God and trying to please Him? It's almost like I am taking my faith in my situation a step too far with such big dreams. Don't get me wrong, I think dreams are what make you come alive, but at the same time I have to be real about the road ahead. The rainbow I was hoping for might not be there. I might have some amazing things happen, but any life is full of sharp curves, speed bumps, hills to climb and roadblocks. If I want to live the long race I have to know that things won't magically get better. They just won't. And maybe you are feeling the opposite, you feel like life is just one roadblock after another. You are closing your eyes on your drive, afraid of what is ahead, but you don't see the ocean view, some amazing speedways and new roads to explore. And, maybe if we keep our eyes open and look at our life with eyes of faith we will get to pass under that rainbow we were waiting for or maybe it will be an amazing sunset. Either way we will know that we can navigate any thing that comes our way because we will enjoy any beauty that we pass. I know that the beauty will far outlast anything thing else. I know that just by looking into my babies' eyes. I also know that we can create our own beauty too, we can plant flowers along our road and sprinkle the earth with seedlings to put beauty on someone else's path.

No comments:

Post a Comment