Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 78 - A lot to be thankful for

This week has been a week where nothing went the way I wanted. Thursday I had jury duty and was hoping to read a book and play on my laptop, instead I was in a courtroom the entire day and left with a migraine. Yesterday I was hoping to have lunch with a friend and I had a headache instead. Today I was hoping for a fun day with the family and I pulled my back out and got sick. What do you do when nothing goes the way you want? You can complain, cry that it's not fair, stomp your feet or you can thank God for everything you do have. You can be grateful for the things that are right and fruitful in your life.

I keep hearing bad news all around me. Sweet little girl Maddie James passed away last week. A father in our community died in a plane crash a few days ago. A beautiful daughter of a pastor has an inoperable brain tumor. My friend has a friend who's cancer is not going away. And then there is Japan. We have so many things to be thankful for, so many blessings in our life. So while I want to feel sorry for myself, how can I? I just have to take what I am given and move on. And when I talk to God, I remember to thank him for the health and safety of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment