Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 82 - What happens

I may write this blog every day in hopes of inspiring others... but you constantly inspire me. I am inspired when you teach me what it means to be a good person and when you remind me how to care for others by opening your heart. I don't have the right words to explain exactly what I mean, but the actions of two women this week has blown me away. Their acts of love and generosity reminded me about the good in people, despite what we see on the news. Whether it was a gift or just an unexpected email with globs of support, it made my week. It made me feel loved and reminded me that even people who may not be a part of your every day life do care about you. I need to be that kind of person too. The person who doesn't sit in the dark and watch someone go through a hard time, but tries to help however they can, no matter who they are. (Thank you S & L).

My devotional today was about the choices we make as we move forward, "will we fulfill God’s purpose, or will we shrink back and live a comfortable, self-centered life? Will we live for our own goals, comfort, and pleasure, or will we live the rest of our lives for God’s glory, knowing that he has promised eternal rewards?" I never really thought about it before, but what happens when I am no longer at a crossroad and life is going really good? Will I still be the person that I am right now or does that intensity end when I struggle less? How do I make sure that I don't lose what is in my heart right now? I think part of the answer to that is making sure other people are a priority in my life, always. I guess the rest I will have to learn for myself when that time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment