Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 333 - Tis the season

God certainly did not give us all the same talents and strengths. Thank goodness for that because this world would be a pretty boring and unfulfilling place if He had. Although I do wish He had given me the ability to clean and a heart for it. I fail miserably in that category and I miss being able to pay a house cleaner. But, life is full of chores and service that we may not enjoy. In fact, if I tell myself that I am cleaning as an act of love for my children, I feel a bit better about it (notice I only said a bit, ha ha ha).

We may not all be good at the same things, but we all have the ability to bless others. In fact, sometimes we may need to bless them in ways that are not our strengths. But blessing others is not about perfection; it's about showing love through action. Mark's cousin Lara is an amazing cook ... I am not. However, just because I am not an amazing cook does not mean that I cannot provide a meal for someone else. There are new mommies and people hurting all around us that would be blessed with a dinner. It just needs to be made or brought over with love. In fact, I feel so much joy preparing and packing up a meal for someone else! I love adding a bottle of lemonade and a dessert to the bag.

There is someone in your life that can use a blessing right now. Obviously, being able to help them financially is a great option for those who need it. Our whole year was filled with an outpouring of money, gift cards, and groceries. Even $20 can make a huge difference. But there are also people around you who need love and attention. They need a blessing, some help, and to know that there is goodness out there. We should all be doing acts of love continuously. No excuses. How hard is it to mail a note of encouragement, take an hour to help someone at home, babysit, drop off some groceries, or buy a gift card? My hubby has been helping people put up Christmas lights like crazy! And, by giving your significant other time to help someone else, you are in turn blessing them too. Once a week and without complaining, my husband watches the kids and puts them to bed so I can go help a friend. His role in the blessing is just as important as mine.

Tis the season to pour out your heart with love.

"The man who shows loving-kindness does himself good, but the man without pity hurts himself." -Proverbs 11:17 (NLV)



No comments:

Post a Comment