Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 320 - My verses

Last week I had two friends share their struggles with me and they asked me to give them some verses that help me get through the worst days. I put a little something together for them and wanted to share it with you too. 

(When I feel like God has abandoned me)
"When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown." - Isaiah 43:2 (NLT)

(When I lose hope)
"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you." - Psalm 56:3 (TNIV)

(To remind myself to keep doing good even when I have nothing and to not get tired of loving others)
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
- Galatians 6:9 (NKJV)

(How to keep moving forward)
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12  (NIV)

(Reminder I can get through things- do not quit)
"We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:8-9  (NLT)

(A reminder not to worry and to be thankful)
"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." - Philippians 4:6 (NLT)

(Love myself)
"But by the grace of God I am what I am." -1 Corinthians 15:10 (TNIV)

(Reminds me to be powerful)
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything with love." - 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

(Other notes I love)
-       God I want your will, not mine
-       If you can’t be faithful in a little, God will not trust you with larger assignments.
-       We must base our faith on who God is rather than what He appears to be doing. Because His ways are higher than ours we cannot comprehend his decisions.
-       Don’t give up, hang on. The process doesn’t always look like progress

Maybe these can help you too. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment