Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 324 - Get back up

I heard something along these lines in church yesterday, "when the devil knocks you out, get back up and say, "is that all you've got?""

I want to be that person. I always want to have that kind of strength and bravery. I know it's in me. I feel it every time I face a situation that seems unbearable. I feel my heart changing. I spend less time worrying and crying and more time moving forward and getting back on my feet. I have more confidence. My faith is stronger and so am I.

This year has given me peace. I love how that feels. It's not perfect or fully developed, but it's there. Peace helps me find joy in all of the things I love, no matter what is going on around me. It is amazing how many good things can come out of a really bad situation. It's amazing that when I am really down and I take the time to pick my head up, I see so much good that I would have missed. My imperfect life feels so wonderfully blessed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment