Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 322 - It's not over yet

For a few moments I felt pretty relaxed about the rest of My Year of Faith. Things are slowly getting better and we have hope for the future financially. Mark has a great opportunity that should be in full force in the next couple of months. Amazing right? I literally went to the grocery store for the first time with a list and recipes to make. I have not done that, well I cannot remember the last time. It felt so good to cook dinners from scratch for my family all week long. But things keep coming up in our life, things with our home (which seems like it's going to be okay right now) and other personal issues and I am reminded that My Year of Faith was an instruction for me and I know that God is certainly not done with me yet. I know that he is going to use this full year to teach me as much as he can about faith (and obviously for the rest of my life). There may not be a break, but there is certainly a lot of grace, joy and peace within it. He has been equipping me all year to learn to deal with life's pressures and to be able to handle what comes at me differently than ever before. That's all I can do is keep moving forward, be hopeful and take it all to God. And if there is one thing I have learned this year, it is to cherish what is already right in front of me. My family. Two weeks ago a 35-year-old mother lost her fight to cancer. It was a two-year fight. She has three beautiful children just like me. She fought hard. I had met her only once but her story changed my life. Her attitude changed my life. We just have to keep living each day with as much faith, grace, love and joy as we can and know that each day is a gift.

Please keep the Maffia family in your daily prayers. Krista Maffia passed away October 29th. Her husband, three daughters and family have a lifetime of sadness ahead of them and I keep praying for some kind of peace in all of the devastation.


No comments:

Post a Comment