Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 306 - He is real

I had a rough day yesterday with the kids and ended up yelling more than I should have. Looking back I know I could have been more patient, but I am also realizing that I have come so far in that department. I attribute it 100% to My Year of Faith. I think that between being so grateful for having them, realizing that nothing else matters but family, and then seeing how God changed my life so I can be home with them has made me a different mom in every sense. I have more patience, more joy, more peace, and more love. Of course I have my bad days too, where I yell and get frustrated...but I love that they are only bad days instead of being every day.

Whether you believe it or not, God can change your heart and He can give you peace. You need to ask him for help, you need to seek His word, and you need to be open to being more faithful. I know some of you don't believe me, but I have a whole year of stories and prayers to prove that God is real. They prove that if you are honest and soulful in prayer, He will answer. Maybe not right away and perhaps not in the way you want, but He hears you and He can help you pull through it. If you are struggling as a parent, in your marriage, with a friendship, or personally just pour it all out to him. Ask him for the peace that you need. He does hear you, but you need to listen too.

If He can change me to have a stay-at-home mom's heart, He can do anything.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment