Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 330 - Let go



I saw this on Pinterest last night. This has been my last three years in a nutshell. I had to give up all of my own dreams and pursuits so that God could work in me. God actually forced me to let go, but I feel lucky for that. The life I planned included me working full time while climbing the corporate ladder, using my MBA and making more money because of it, owning a beautiful home and lots of things, and just being young and ambitious. But somehow after the initial push to let go of the life I wanted, I learned to let go at every sign God gave me. It's not easy, but once you let go you realize that God can make your life more wonderful than you ever could dream of on your own. I am still on that path, but I know in my heart that God has good things waiting for me. I also have realized that once you start letting go of your plans and you give them to God, you are also able to let go of feelings that have been holding you back like hurt, bitterness, anger, and envy. It's amazing how everything is connected.


No comments:

Post a Comment