Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 327 - Prayerful Thanksgiving

This time last year we were celebrating Thanksgiving like every other year before. We had no idea that in just a few days our lives would take a dramatic turn. Even when we got the phone call that Mark was laid off; we never in a million years would have imagined what that would look like.

Today we are celebrating Thanksgiving with more thankfulness than ever before. I am thankful for the struggles we endured because they completely changed my life. I am thankful for the humbleness we were forced to find, the health that I never appreciated, the shelter over our heads, the few dollars in our pockets, the food that we were given, and the love that we lived on. I am thankful that my life was filled with faith and that I was given a new perspective on joy. I am thankful that God felt that I was ready to travel on such rocky territory and that He never abandoned me along the way. I am thankful for His whispers that told me that everything would be okay. I am thankful for the peace in my heart and the truths that He presented. I am thankful for each day I have, no matter what the day looks like. I am thankful for all of the people who literally lifted us up and supported us in our darkest days. I am thankful for the strong foundation Mark and I built our family on because when the walls all crumbled in, we were not shaken. Our little family survived. I am thankful for hope and for a new future.

This Thanksgiving literally brings me to my knees in prayerful thanks to God for all of the blessings he pours down on me. It is only fitting that in the place I cried out to Him to make everything better, is where I now thank Him for showing me the way. Even though we still are struggling, I now know that it is all for good.

Happy Thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment