Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 305 - A New Mountain

Two days ago I posted about Mark and I looking at the world a little differently now that we have gotten through the worst of our financial crisis. At MOPS today the topic of communicating in a marriage during stressful times came up. More than once it was mentioned that in order to get through the tough times you have to communicate constantly so that you both know where the other is at and so you can come together to make decisions about your future. It really opened my eyes and helped remind me that we are different people, but if we stick together and constantly tell each other where we are at, then we will have a better chance at working through the problems and finding opportunities to flourish. Communicate, communicate and communicate. I think Mark and I are an awesome team and we always get through the hard times amazingly well, but lets face it, we have been going through a crazy life-changing experience and we were bound to come out different people. What a Godsend for me to get a little bit of advice on a topic I am experiencing. Don't you love it when that happens?

I was also starting to get anxious today thinking about the road ahead of us. We lost all of our financial security and it will take us years to get our foothold back again. Just thinking about everything that we lost like savings accounts and 401K's and then trying to build them all up again while paying off debt seems impossible. We are at the bottom of this new huge mountain and I feel exhausted even though we haven't even started yet. I know it's going to be a long road ahead. Right now we don't have the means yet to plan for the future, but I want to be ready when it's time. I may be tired but I am ready to start our life again.

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." 
-Galatians 6:9 (NKJV) 


"A faithful man will be richly blessed." -Proverbs 28:20 (NIRV)


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

On the journey ahead I need to remember to be patient and persistent and to never give up. I have to take each step one at a time, no matter how long the road is. I must remind myself that we will get there with perfect timing.



2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear you speak at our MOPS :) I hear you are coming???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am!!!! I'm feeling a little nervous!

    ReplyDelete