Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 241 - My certainty

I know I have mentioned this before, but God has definitely put a wall up on the subject of being able to start digging ourselves out of this whole mess. When I pray about it or have quiet time there is no sense of peace or inclination that things are going to be better right away. In fact, I feel like it is pretty obvious that we are still in for a bit of a haul. I hope I am wrong, we really need things to start turning our way as soon as possible, but I know I am not in charge of that. I am at peace with it right now.

The reason why I know that God is just saying, "not yet" is because I have been praying for other smaller financial wishes, like money for groceries and extras and somehow they always work out. Every time. It is just the bigger needs that are still in the trenches. I do believe in perfect timing, as stressful as our life is right now. Watching God provide for so many specific things for us proves that he is actively involved in our lives, molding our new path and making sure to care for us in the ways that He can.

At church today Pastor Rick said that certainty is the shield of faith and that we need to trust God no matter what. I stand firm in my faith and my certainty that He will see us through and I do not take his quietness as anything other than telling me that it's just not time yet to have our life back. There is more to see, to learn, to do, to change, to accept and to give up. I am standing firm in my faith, even on a gloomy day. I know that God has plans for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment