Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 215 - Keep going

Yesterday was one of those days that I was about ready to fall over at any moment from pure exhaustion. The kids were a little naughty, we were on the go, my mind was racing, I was on my feet every second and it never stopped. So, having to head over to Costco at 7:15pm with hubby and all three kids was about enough to throw me over the edge, but I found some energy and I got through it. And then I found some more energy and put away what felt like enough food to feed a football team, got all three kids to bed, cleaned the kitchen, sorted the mail, spoke on the phone with my sister and worked on my blogs (among other things). I don't know how I got through the day, I barely made it, but I made it nonetheless.

That is how life feels right now. That is how our finances and the stress of how we got like this feels. I am beyond exhausted. I'm at three years of exhaustion. I stopped asking why a long time ago, now I just want to know how much longer. I am pretty sure that I tell myself daily that I don't think I can handle it anymore, but I make it through the day and by the time I have my quiet time at night I can find joy in my day and I know that I can do it all again tomorrow... and the next day, and the next day. Quite frankly I don't have a choice, but I am a fighter and I know God smiles on perseverance and patience. I just remembered something I read once, that God gives you everything that you need inside of you to empower you to get you through the rough spots and to become everything that He created you to be. That gives me hope and faith that He already gave me what I need to make it for as long as I need to (even if it doesn't feel like it). This part of my life will not last forever.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." -Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment