Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 225 - Yesterday

What a long week I had. Yesterday was really interesting because I had just written the blog post about how strong I felt, and I meant it with all my heart, and then through out the day I just lost it over and over again. I don't think I have cried that much in a long time. I cried because I was sad, I cried because I was frustrated, I cried because I couldn't help it and I cried from gratefulness. All in one day! I am all cried out; at least I hope so for a while.

It got me thinking about strength and that a good cry (or ten) doesn't take away from the strength inside of you. My faith still feels strong and I feel strong. Maybe that is what it means when the verse said, "When I am weak, I am strong." Even when I am torn down and emotionally drained I am still strong because I am filled with God's grace. It's so ironic about this whole verse because yesterday I did ask God to please take everything away. I am being so faithful and I just want things to finally get better. I felt like I was pleading with God to please make it stop. And while he didn't fix things, He blessed us in other ways. He has been carrying us all along with the help of our family and friends. For the past few weeks I have been really worried about how to pay for shoes for my daughter, a backpack for my son, gas in our cars and any extras expenses that may come up. By the end of the week and from the love of our family and friends (and without my saying anything to anyone) we had a new pair of shoes for each child, an awesome backpack for my son (with school supplies), money for gas and gift cards to Target. It's been like that all along. We may have bills to pay but somehow all of the extra stuff like food, clothing, and extra expenses gets taken care of. It's humbling. We can then go back focus on how to pay for the big stuff.

Someday I will have a story to tell my kids about how we made it through this time in our lives and how God, strangers, friends and family got us through it. Always on the right day and at the right time. And although I throw my hands up and beg Him to make it stop and I promise Him I will never go back to the way it was before and He doesn't answer the way I want Him to, I can look back on a day like today and feel completely in awe and blessed by His work and by the people who surround me.

To my family and friends.....I will never be able to thank you enough. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment