Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 223 - My stress and our home

Even in faith there is stress, I know this because I keep getting the same sickness over and over again. I am on my fourth round since the beginning of July. I am praying that it isn't something more serious and it's just my body reacting to the stress of our life, which would make the most sense. Last week I had a few very strange painful anxiety attacks out of nowhere. I really believe that although I am not panicking or being extremely emotional on the outside, I cannot control how my insides react.

All of this makes me think of my kids and how grateful I am that in general they really have no idea what it happening in our lives. Sure they have had to move more frequently, they cannot buy toys and treats as often as they would like and their lives are a little different than it use to be, but in general they are really happy. It's amazing how a simple popsicle at home is just as wonderful as eating ice cream somewhere fun. God has provided lots of exciting times over this summer and they have not gone without. I don't have to worry about their bodies reacting to the stress or them being scarred. In fact, I think a lot of what has happened is actually a blessing for them. Learning that money is not abundant, we cannot have what we want whenever we want and sharing with our family is important. I never thought I would have my six-year-old son sharing a room with his three-year-old sister (and pretty soon their little brother) but I actually now prefer it until they get older. God has sure taught me some really good lessons along this path and I think my kids will be better for it. He has also grown their own faith abundantly and that is the sweetest blessing of all.

Today I may be stressed and sick, but I am so thankful that my kids are healthy, safe and happy. I am so grateful He gave me kids who are so resilient, content and adaptable in all circumstances. I think the home we have created is working and I realize that our home is really our family, no matter where we go.

"The house of the righteous stands firm." -Proverbs 12:7

No comments:

Post a Comment