Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 219 - Proof

I know I share more on this blog than people normally would, my hubby reminded me of that yesterday. But this blog isn't just about faith; it's also proof of my journey. It is proof that it was real and my emotions were true. It's proof that we fell on hard times and it's a record of how my faith grew because of it. I know the real question is why am I sharing it with the world? I guess one could see it as a result of our failures, what we did wrong or how we didn't do enough. But for me it's proof that we are in a really hard place and that crappy things happen to good people. We are good people. It is worth exposing myself if somehow it can make just one person feel like they can survive their situation or feel like they are normal. There is no shame in hitting rough patches if you are growing from them. Gaining grace and wisdom from hard times is a sign of strength. There is even less shame if you are being faithful through it, praying and relying that God has other plans for you. Even believing that in fact, this could all be a blessing. Having faith changes the way that you look at the world around you and it gives you an inner peace, even on your worst day. This blog is my faith and trust that God will see me through in all circumstances. And, even on my most unflattering days and in my most honest admissions I am proud of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment