Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 222 - Words

I know that I have posted many of these verses already, maybe more than once. These are the verses that speak to my heart and help me through hard times. I need these now more than ever.

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you." -Psalm 56:3 (NIV)
"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." -Philippians 4:6 (NLT)

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." -James 4:8 (NASB)

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." -Romans 12:12 (NIV)

"We are pushed hard from all sides. But we are not beaten down. We are bewildered. But that doesn't make us lose hope. Others make us suffer. But God does not desert us. We are knocked down. But we are not knocked out." -2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NIRV)

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you." -Isaiah 43:2 (NLT)

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." -Galatians 6:9 (NKJV)
"In quietness and confidence is your strength." -Isaiah 30:15 (NLT)

"A faithful man will be richly blessed." -Proverbs 28:20 (NIRV)
"God I want your will, not mine."
Put the verses that speak to you the most somewhere where you can draw strength from them, especially in the midst of a crisis. It's amazing how just reading them can change your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment