Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 214 - Friendship

I may not have money or new possessions, but My Year of Faith has given me more meaningful relationships in one year than any person could dream of. I have reconnected with old friends, met new friends and watched my closest friendships blossom even more. I cannot explain how fortunate and blessed I feel, but I do know that there is no amount of money or month of time that I would trade for these relationships. Learning to rely on others is not only a humbling experience but it is life changing. I don't know how else to explain it. Relationships are what save me from crying in a big ball in the corner. Relationships make my heart move instead of panic. They make life good again.

God puts people in your life in different times and circumstances so that they can know you in ways others cannot. He also orchestrates having people reappear in your life when you need them the most. I never cease to be amazed at how that works, especially with Facebook. I am also never surprised at the new people I meet with perfect timing. I feel like God continues to bless me immensely with relationships, not occasionally, but daily, I am rich and overflowing in that area. My advice is not to be afraid to put yourself out there or to reconnect with an old friend. Also make sure you tend to your relationships with care and concern. Be the friend you want others to be. Love your friends and tell them constantly. Friendships make my life go round when it feels like everything is about to fall apart and they have saved me more over these last few years than they could ever know. I am so thankful to God that for the abundance of quality people in my life.

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." -Proverbs 27:17

No comments:

Post a Comment