Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 230 - Hope and dreams

I am finding that when extra faith is required, it is equally important to have more hope and dreams. They seem to help tip the scale of faith vs. worry. Faith for me right now is knowing deep in my heart that God will provide and that it is all for good. It is the act of trusting that, although things may not happen the way I want, God will not abandon me. We will survive this. In having my faith grow week-by-week and keeping it alive when things get more difficult, I see that having hope that our life will not be like this forever and dreaming of the way things will be down the road gets me through it. It's almost like I am telling my worries and my sorrows that I know that great things are in my future like a home to decorate, crafts to make, articles to write and miracles to happen and that I will not let them defeat me. Dreams and hope literally stir my heart out of depression and keep my eyes focused ahead, telling me that this is all just temporary and that not even a difficult period of my life can take away who I am. They give me life. They whisper that through patience I can still accomplish everything that I wanted to before, even if those dreams seem far away. They give me ideas for new routes to take and journeys to travel. Hope and dreams take away envy, bitterness and shame and allow me to keep being joyful in all things and look less at the things I lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment