Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 44 - No help

Disappointment happens. Feeling alone happens. And, sometimes they happen together. When I started writing this blog I reached out via email to a couple of pastors for help. I just felt like I needed someone like a pastor to be my mentor, whom I could reach out to in case I couldn't answer an email correctly or didn't know how to write about something. I probably wanted some kind of validation. But they were either unable to help or I received no response from them. I felt let down, disappointed and alone.

But here's the thing, I don't need anyone's validation. God has provided me with an outlet to reach others, how does a pastor fit into this equation? I also have amazing people in my life to go to for advice or inspiration. That's all I need. I might have been hurt, but now that I am at Day 44, I know that it's okay to go down this road alone. It's part of my journey. And God, not a pastor will help see me through it. He will do it with my blog and with my life.

I know we all feel disappointment. We are going through something big and we don't have the support that we think we need or deserve. But maybe sometimes that is just a sign that you don't have enough faith in your ability to do it yourself. Remember from a few days ago, "God sees in you what you don't see in yourself." At the beginning I didn't think I could care for this blog on my own and I didn't trust in my ability to do it. I doubted myself. But now after 44 days I can see that I can do this, I have the ability, the resources and the support to do it myself. God knew this and now I do too.

I hope in whatever situation you are in, you can see the same thing. You can do it even if you don't believe in yourself. Have faith in the abilities that God gave you and just keep moving forward.

1 comment: