Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 42 -Curiosity

I have a lot of questions about how God works, about certain principles that we follow, about how I am suppose to do things related to my faith. The more my relationship with God grows the more confused I get. I remind myself of a 5 year old who wants to know how everything works and talks a mile a minute to try and understand as much as I can. I remember recently calling my dad asking him a list of like 100 questions that I think I had saved up for someone to answer. I probably should have warned him first (he did great though). Some of my questions have been about God's will vs. going and making things happen, or God's will vs. asking for something specific, God's role when bad things happen, etc. I mean the list can really go on and on. But here's the thing, I may have more questions but I also don't need to have more answers. Why? Well my faith is growing stronger and I trust in God, more than ever before. I may be more curious, but I don't need to know the how's and the why's in my everyday life. Why is this happening to me? How am I going to get through this? Of course I feel sorry for myself sometimes, but all in all I know that there are blessings on the horizon and I know this because God has told me through prayer and in my heart. I trust those feelings. I hope that I will be able to study the bible more as time goes on and get the answers to so many of my questions.... but I also know that some of my questions will never be answered. Well, maybe in Heaven, but in that case I hope God gives us each some special time so I can bring my list with me.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, this reminds me of a quote I always repeat because it sums up where I stand with faith and unanswered questions. For me the unanswered questions often lead to doubts but when I doubt I am always led back to the place that the quote below sums up.

    "The truths in my life of God and his power are greater than the questions that cannot be answered"

    So when I have days where I fear, and doubt, and question I always come back to the fact that no matter what the "truths" of God in my life and his goodness is always greater than the questions and dissapoints that I feel are unanswered.

    As a result= faith.

    Faith is definitely not having the answers to our questions or even knowing that everything will work out as we hope. Faith is taking it day by day and trusting in a God that will at the very least, give us the strength to make it through whatever we face.



    I wish faith were "easier" sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The past few blogs have been meaningful, but I really loved your last line in today's blog. It is what gives us all hope and the courage to go on. Love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete