Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 41 - Our life right now

Did you ever see the movie Garden State? Mark and I love that movie. There is a part in it where Natalie Portman is looking at Zach Braff and she says, "You are in it." The context of this is that he was really working things out in his head about the death of his mother, his identity and his life. I like to steal that phrase when I can tell that people are really in the center of a trying time, when they are really trying to untangle things in their life or when they are deeply concentrated on the changes going on right now.

Mark and I "are in it" right now. I feel like we are in the center of the chapter of our life where he gets laid off and then we build our business. We have waded through a lot of muck and we have reached the center where everything is tangled and chaotic, but where you know you are halfway there so you have the energy to keep going. Our life right now is in survival mode. Mark is putting in full days trying to juggle starting our company and doing side work for someone else. My days are full of schedules and commitments, then working at nights and trying to keep our life managed. Weekends are basically timelines with places we have to be and things we have to do. And then it's Monday and we start all over again.

With weeks like that I am really trying to get rid of the worry and the anxiety. It helps lessen the load. I know that God will provide all of our basic needs and if we can get through this whole year with that, I will be grateful. I know that the financial road ahead of us will be trying, but hopefully it's preparing us for years of financial blessings.

I think the hardest part right now is having the time for rest. With a crazy schedule and three kids we don't get a lot of quality time, which makes us bicker more because we both have so much going on. I know that this is temporary and that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel as long as we try our best. We are both committed to our life together and we love each other. We make a great team! I pray that what we are going through right now will be another hurdle that makes us stronger, it always does. And that we can keep on laughing even when we want to cry.

So if you are praying for us (and thank you) please pray for blessings on our business, our stamina and our relationship....and maybe for a little rest every now and then.

2 comments: