Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 43 - Tables were turned

God does have a good sense of humor. Yesterday I wrote about how I have a curiosity about God like a 5 year old and I have a lot of questions. Today, when I basically told the kids that it was mandatory "quiet time" in the car (hey, I had a long day), my sweet little 5 year old boy said he wanted to ask me one more question. I seriously almost said no because my head was about to explode from so much noise all day long, but I didn't. His first question was, "does our soul ever die?" His second question was, "Will I be a daddy when you die?" His third question was, "if we pray for God, shouldn't we pray for Angels too?" His fourth questions was, "Where do angels live." His fifth question was, "Will you be an angel when you die and will you look down on me." And, his sixth question was, "if we don't pray for God but we pray to God, can we still pray for the angels?" I think there were about 10 smaller sub-questions in there too, but this was the basis of our conversation. I did a good job answering them and he seemed satisfied. I did cry when I was explaining that he would be a grandpa when I die but that I would be an angel who would always watch over and help protect him and that he could feel me in his heart. In the end though it was sweet and I got a good chuckle because I know God was trying to tell me a few things , maybe he liked my post yesterday and wanted me to know.

1 comment:

  1. Cute...thanks for putting a smile on my face:)

    ReplyDelete