Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A little extra for today

At this exact time, 3:30pm on a Sunday eight years ago, my hubby Mark and I were getting married. When I think of marriage, I think of a giant leap of faith. You fall in love with someone that you know you are meant to share your life with and when you say that "I do" you are telling the world that you have the faith and the commitment to be together forever.

Marriage isn't just a leap of faith it's a life of faith in each other. Faith that in the good times and the hard times you will stick together, no matter what. Faith that when one of you is down, the other will lift them up. Faith that God placed you in each other's lives because there is no one else better suited for you. Faith in the hopes and dreams of the other person. Faith that even with babies, jobs and problems you will stick together, never forgetting about each other. I have been guilty of this, of allowing the kids and other things to come in front of our marriage, but I have faith that Mark and I can get through anything together. I have faith in us, I have faith in Mark and I have faith in our future, no matter how hard the road gets.

Mark has supported My Year of Faith, even if it's not his passion. He has allowed me to write about things that heavily concern him and to put our life out there for others to see. I know that most husbands wouldn't feel comfortable with that, but I also know that is a little part of why we are perfect for each other, God saw that when he created us for each other a long time ago. Mark and I have each put a lot of faith in each other this year and this year has not been easy for us. We have stuck together and fought through it with our heads held high and as a team, but I think that our marriage has suffered a little this year not being able to buy gifts or do things to show our appreciation for each other. Of course those are material things, but it's nice to have surprises in your life or to be able to have time for yourselves and get out of the monotony of every day life.

So as part of My Year of Faith I am making a promise to Mark today that I will put our marriage at top priority, that I will have complete faith in him as he now determines our financial foothold and that I will support whatever he wants to accomplish this year and next. I cannot buy him a gift or do something elaborate for our anniversary, but I can give him a promise that I love him and that I am ready to let him steal some spotlight in our life instead of keeping it all for myself.

Happy Anniversary.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment