Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 284 - Wake up call

After yesterday's post and reading about Katie's faith in action, I have been doing a lot of thinking and soul searching. It's hard to explain, but I needed a little kick in the pants and hearing about a young woman living in Africa and adopting 13 children was exactly what I needed. She gave up all her comforts and conveniences at home for a life of extreme faith, not just a year. We are still struggling but things have gotten so much better over the last few weeks. I know that things are going to eventually work out for us financially, so that extreme pressure has started to lift. But, I have also felt my extreme faith lift a little bit too. I'm not desperately worried about feeding my family or staying in our home, so I am not on my knees begging God each night like I was before. Here I have been feeling like I reached the top of the mountain of faith, but I am realizing that this is just the beginning steps of my journey. The next part of my race is to stretch my faith. I need to take new leaps and bounds and put my heart into motion to test my faith in the real world where every day is not a crisis. I don't know what I am going to do or how I am going to do it but my eyes are awake and I know it needs to be done. It's time to start living my life with all of the grace God has poured on me and with the feeling of how I felt on my journey in the back of my head. I feel anxious about it but I also know that I don't want to move back to a comfortable life. How can I live more faithfully each day? I wonder why God put this feeling in my heart? What does He have in store for next?


No comments:

Post a Comment