Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 300 - Forever Reign

There are a few songs at church that I have a strong connection to. I love them. One of them is called Forever Reign and instead of posting all of the lyrics, I dissected them and found the lyrics that I connect to the most.


You are good, when there's nothing good in me.


You are light when the darkness closes in.


You are true even in my wandering.


You are joy, you're the reason that I sing.


I look back at this year and I see this peace inside of me that I never had before. I knew that even on the worst day, everything would work out eventually; even if eventually might be a very long time. I had faith that our struggles were not in vain and through reading, prayer and some soul searching God made it abundantly clear that our struggles were not only necessary but also life changing. The peace that I felt was not because of me, but because of God's grace.

People tell me all of the time that I have handled this situation well, but I feel undeserving of that accolade. All I did was have faith that even the worst times can be filled with joy and I opened my heart to believing that it all has a bigger purpose. I believed that the pain and heartache is necessary to grow. God just put something different in my heart this time and I was open to accepting it and leaning on Him when I needed to. I was open to being appreciative of everything that I had, which turned out to be much more valuable than a house, money, possessions, etc.

I didn't do anything wonderful.... I just believe that God can do wonderful things even in the darkness.

Let God's grace get you through whatever you are going through right now.


1 comment: