Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 280 - It took three years

It took 3 years and of a financial downturn in our life for me to love being a stay-at-home mom. I have never loved anything so much. Everything changed my heart to where God obviously intended me to be. It was His plan, not mine. In fact, it was as far away from my plan as I could possibly have had! Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of all of the amazing jobs I would have and even in college I would have told you there was no way I would be a stay at home mom, ever. Even when I was working I scuffed at people who said that I should stay home. And yet, here I am. Still making some money on my own and dreaming big, yet at home every day with my three kids (by the way, I only wanted two kids and I used to be sure of that too). God shaped me and created me himself and even though I have had ideas of what I wanted to be, He still found ways to mold me back into being the woman He always intended me to be. I appreciate that more now than I ever could have. I am the exact opposite of the woman I wanted to be, but I am happier and more confident than I ever could have been on my own. Today I am thankful for God bringing me to my knees and taking all of my comforts away so that I can have grace and joy in my life. Maybe your journey is the opposite of mine, maybe God intends you to be at work or someplace else. All I know is that you can fight it as much as you can (I sure did), but eventually you need to give into the process and have faith that it is all for a purpose. I woke up today with more appreciation and love for my life than I have ever had before. Imagine that.


No comments:

Post a Comment