Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 298 - Everything I need

I'm really busy right now, can anyone else relate to that? I feel like I am running around from place to place every day of the week and I am living my life according to a clock. I know that busyness is not good, it distracts from family time, spiritual time, and from keeping yourself centered. My shoulders have been tense for the past few weeks and I am exhausted every morning when I start my day. I know that my weeks will slow down soon and that life is unusually busy right now, but I find the only thing that keeps me sane has been prayer. This is a new thing for me, I never have prayed in my hectic life, usually only in my quiet time. But lately when I am running late, when I am worried, or when I am stressed I ask God to help me out and He has really been coming through. Since I am very aware of how overly busy life is right now, I also think it's a good time for me to step in and manage the time I have in front of me. Maybe it's time to say no to a few things.

Yesterday when I finally had a quiet moment, I caught a glimpse of some old notes in my prayer journal from a bible study that I did. These words were like music to my ears as I was frustrated with my hectic schedule and with my slow movement to fining my purpose.

"Everything you need lives on the inside of you. To empower you to do and be everything He created you to be."


Imagine that, God created us with all of the tools that we will need to get through any circumstances that come our way. Everything we need is already inside of us. He created each of uniquely to handle life's most difficult periods. On top of that, He gave us everything we need to reach our purpose in life and to follow our dreams. Just today I was feeling overwhelmed that nothing is coming easy for my future or for myself. And yet, then I stumble across this passage and realize that I have everything I need inside of me to make it further. I can do this.

So with a mix of exhaustion, some extra prayers, and newfound confidence I am ready to tackle the rest of my week and to move forward with better planning and faith that everything I need to forge my oath lies within me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment