Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 303 - Together

Mark and I had to both really grit down and fight through this year. To get through it, we had to fight together and not let anything distract us. We were a well-oiled machine. Now we are starting to see some sunlight, so we are able to get up, stretch and look around a little. I think the hardest part for me is that I want Mark to have the exact same insights and feelings that I have. After all, didn't we go through the same situation? Aren't we looking at the world through the same pair of glasses? Shouldn't he feel exactly how I do? That's just not realistic. Now that we both have had a chance to look around, we don't feel or look at the world the same. He has been moved and changed in his own way and I in my own and neither is wrong or right, they are just unique. Now we both have to sort through our feelings and come together to get through the rest of the journey ahead. It's certainly not easy. You often think that getting through the darkest moments is the hardest part, but I think picking up the pieces of what has been left behind and putting them together for the future is challenging in its own right. All I know is that we have to stick together and I need to pray daily for guidance and blessings in our marriage and our future.

Two people are better than one. 
They can help each other in everything they do. 
Suppose someone falls down.
Then his friend can help him up.
But suppose the man who falls down doesn't have anyone to help him up.
Then feel sorry for him! 
Or suppose two people lie down together. 
Then they'll keep warm. 
But how can one person keep warm alone? 
One person could be overpowered. 
But two people can stand up for themselves. 
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NIRV)


Every experience will be felt differently by those involved. No one feels and experiences life exactly the same way because God made each of us to be unique. And that's okay. This is definitely a life lesson for me, not just with my marriage, but in all my relationships.






p.s. I have a great giveaway on my other blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment