Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 147 - If God asked me

If God asked me right now, what lesson I think He has been trying to teach me the most over these last three years, without a doubt I would tell Him that I am certain that it is how to be thankful for every single little thing or blessing that I have. I think He wants me to be thankful for the change in my pocket, the food in my refrigerator, the breaths my children take, every dollar in my checking account, the luxuries that I have, the places we go, the roof over our heads, the freedom to share my words, and for every important person in my life. While God has continued to test me by taking so many things away (and He is definitely continuing to do so), I marvel at all of the things that we do have because I know that they too can be gone in an instant. Every day I wonder what is next; will it be the house we are in? How about the health of someone in my family? Will it be my camera or computer? What is next? And yet, I kept a stash of money after Mark was laid off for my son's birthday, so yesterday we took him to Legoland. While we were there it did not fly past me how lucky we were, that we still have that luxury right now. There are so many people that are living with so much less than we are and I am constantly reminded of that daily. It puts me in a weird spot because I do get upset with our situation, every day for us is uncertainty for the future, and yet, today we still have so very much.

1 comment:

  1. And He is teaching us through YOU Amanda...to have faith, to obey Him, to live simply, to be thankful for everything, to be patient, to know that He works in all of us and has a plan for each of us, to appreciate all the people in our lives, to be genuine and to have courage to share our stories/lives with people, to take one step at a time and so much more. Thank you!
    Psalm 18:30
    John 16:33

    ReplyDelete