Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 133 - Back on path

Yesterday's post was a downer, I felt like God had given up on me. I hope you were able to read it because it was honest and raw emotion. I did say that no matter how abandoned I felt that looking at my kids faces while they were sleeping is the only thing that kept me from wanting to scream. After all they are safe, healthy and we are all together. When I break down my life that is the most I could ever ask for.

While still feeling really depressed yesterday morning I met a sweet friend at the park. While we were talking about our lives a mother approached us with her seemingly looking disabled son. I am guessing he was about 4 or 5 years old. She told us that he has a brain tumor and while they were operating on him he had a stroke. Her words to us were, "hold your children tight." Wow. I felt like God slapped me in the face (in a good way) and said, "wake up Amanda, you told me that you could handle anything as long as your kids were safe and healthy." I did tell God that when things started to unravel three years ago. I told Him that I can handle giving up the house and going wherever He wanted to go. Those were my words and I know that yesterday's encounter was God reminding me of that promise I made Him.

And, here I felt like God had left me, yet He made His presence very clear. I told Him I was strong enough to get through anything, so He picked me up, gave me a shake and put me back on path.

No comments:

Post a Comment