Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 144 - Growth

Trying to take a mental break from my life right now is hard, especially since I have put it on display for everyone to see. I certainly can't escape all of my friends and family forever, nor would I want to. Yet while sitting down to write today's post I knew I did not want to write about how I was feeling. I definitely need a break from feeling. So it made me start thinking about faith, growth and learning. And, how in the midst of my crisis I have somehow lost my time of spiritual education and reflection. Where did that time go? It seems that I have somehow assured myself that just writing this blog is all of the spirituality I need at night. No wonder why I have been feeling a bit spiritually uninspired lately. Just because bible study is over and I spend most of my time at night anxious about life does not mean I get to ignore what I need the most right now. So last night I got back into it. I got out my journal, took notes on all of the devotions I missed, re-read and jotted down my favorite parts from sermon notes and caught up on a devotional for moms. I feel good. It's easy to get caught up in life but we need to push ourselves to keep growing and learning, especially in faith. You probably do not have a lot of alone time for this, but it might be as simple as reading one page a day in a book. So get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment