Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 130 - Soul

There are many nights that I sit in front of the computer unsure what to write about. After all, I am not a pastor or professional writer, I am just me. Usually I pray about it and see what happens. Sometime I just sit a little longer, but in the end I always have something to write.

In church on Sunday the topic of tending to your own soul came up. It is so easy to get lost in your life and your family that you forget to take care of and develop who you are. Tending your soul can be as simple as signing up for sewing lessons or finding time to sit in a bath with a book. Or tending your soul can be something huge like going back to school, giving yourself time to evaluate your life, or making a major change. Part of tending your soul is being honest about your own happiness and who you have become. It requires change, honesty and motivation and allows you to be kind to yourself and love who you are. It also can be uplifted with prayer and meditation.

Sometimes when I am quiet and I feel like I have nothing to say, my soul speaks to me. I never ignore it; I just put my fingertips on the keyboard and let them go. It took this blog for me to realize how intertwined having faith and tending your soul are. It is so much easier to have faith in God and yourself when your soul sits right up at your heart. I feel more open and more accepting of the blind chances I take with my faith. My soul is at peace and that is what helps me get through the days when I am most worried about our future. It's funny that simple things like an art class or a book can help that transformation, but making sure I care enough about who I am really does.


No comments:

Post a Comment