Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 131 - Signs

Often I am not very good at obeying. When I was pregnant with my 3rd baby, somewhere around 27 weeks we had to move. I was told to take it easy since I had some minor complications, but if you know my personality, I didn't. I just kept going and going and going because I always believe that I can do it all. I don't like to watch people do things; I would rather just do it myself. I heeded all warnings and believed in my head that I was taking it easy, because had I not been pregnant, I would be doing more. About a week later I passed out at my son's school and was taken to the hospital via ambulance. Not fun. The doctor told me that it is actually not uncommon to pass out around 27 weeks, but I knew I had overdone it. I did too much as usual.

Today I am going on Day 7 of losing my voice. Other than some minor congestion and coughing, I feel fine. Seven days of no voice seems a little extreme to me though. I know I should have been resting my voice all of these days, but of course I didn't. I just tried to yell louder, talk on the phone louder, etc. That is so me. Last night I was exhausted and it hit me, once again God is trying to tell me to slow down. Why is it so hard for me to rest and to listen to advice? What do I feel like is going to happen if I rest, that I will appear weak or the whole world will fall down without me? I know better.

Maybe you don't believe that God is talking to me through a lost voice and maybe you are right. But, the way I see it is that whenever I am on the verge of a breakdown from doing too much, I get sick. Of course it's from being worn down, but these two distinct times I feel like it is so much more. I am just going and going and God knows that the only way he can grab my attention is to do something obvious. So here I am, no voice and all. It's time to slow down a bit and time to realize the world will survive if I am not going full speed.

What is it in your life that God might be saying, "look here?" What signs might you be ignoring right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment