Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 125 - National Day of Prayer

Today is the National Day of Prayer. Do you know the history of it?

The National Day of Prayer is an annual observance held on the first Thursday of May, inviting people of all faiths to pray for the nation. It was created in 1952 by a joint resolution of the United States Congress, and signed into law by President Harry S. Truman.

Now that the day is almost ever, I am regretting not making a bigger deal of it. Our nation needs prayer right now. We are in so deep and as an individual we often feel like there is nothing we can do. We can pray. We should pray. And, just like how we say that we should honor mothers every day or we should show our love every day, we should have a day similar to Mother's Day and Valentine's Day for faith and prayer. I see that now. Tonight before I go to bed I will say prayers for our country, its leaders and our future. I also vow to make the National Day of Prayer more important in my life from here forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment